In order to strengthen and build the capacity of the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) sector of Pakistan by investing in and supporting world class Research and Development (R&D) programs, the Government of Pakistan has established the National ICT R&D Fund Company, which is being operated as a corporate entity. Applications are sought from dynamic individuals with credentials and vision to head this organization. The position carries immense responsibility and calls for a thorough commitment to this extremely vital national goal.
The position reports to the Board of Directors.
At least Masters degree, equivalent to 18 years of education, in Telecom/Electronics/Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering or Computer Sciences / Information Technology from a reputable university recognized by HEC. PhD in relevant discipline shall be given preference.
Required Skill Set:
- Sound understanding of R&D program building, mechanisms and mode of research funding, proposal preparation, evaluation and monitoring
- Sound knowledge and experience of state of the art technologies ICT/Telecommunication and operational business dynamics of ICT/Telecom sector.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, managerial and leadership skills.
- Ability to use Technology, innovation, knowledge and development in a knowledge-based economy
Minimum 15 years post-qualification relevant experience including at least three years in a senior management position.
- Manage all functions of the R&D Fund organization including proper selection, monitoring, evaluation, accounting and legal aspects relating to the funded research projects.
- Liaise with all related stakeholders of R&D including academia, industry and existing national and international research organizations for coordinated R&D/HRD program implementation.
- Devise, propose and update R&D/HRD objectives of GoP in order to meet the requirements of emerging technologies in ICT and related areas.
- Influence research goals in order to meet the requirements of emerging technologies in ICT and related sciences.
- Envisage, develop and propose new research programs in an adaptive and proactive manner.
- Implement strategies for institutionalization of research and product development capability in the relevant industry.
- Create linkage between academia/R&D institutions and industry for the purpose of transforming research into products.
- Develop concise R&D policy initiatives and respond to requests for information for decision making.
- Generate analytical assessments regarding R&D policy road map and suggest appropriate changes.
- Promote partnerships and facilitate Global dialogue by leveraging ICTs to promote communication and collaboration with a diverse number of partners, globally, regionally and locally
Pay Package and Facilities:
The organization offers a congenial professional environment and an excellent remuneration package, negotiable and commensurate with experience and qualification of the candidate.