Key member of system support team. Work in a team from beginning of deployment cycle to ongoing maintenance and support. Ability to support the systems real time. The work will include scripting, performance tuning and automation of these systems. Strong hands-on technical knowledge is required for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Candidate should bring the core system administration knowledge to support the systems in physical and virtual environment..
* Work as a team from the beginning of the deployment cycle.
* Provide maintenance and support existing systems.
* Understand the ticketing system and internal IT processes.
* Ability to write automation scripts.
* Ability to monitor and track performance.
* Write and document code.
* Work cross-functionally with other subject matter experts.
* 8+ years progressively responsible experience in System administration.
* Experience with Redhat Linux, understands SAN/Storage Networking.
* Knows Solaris though the key knowledge requirement is Linux.
* Ability to take ownership and provide leadership.
* Experience in working with a team of several members.
* Ability to quickly learn and, possibly, teach new technologies as the project requires.
* Document all the scripts and processes.