Please apply using reference number INT6502.
Oxfam works with other to overcome poverty and sufferings.
COUNTRY TEAM PURPOSE:
The long-term strategic vision of Oxfam GB’s work in Pakistan is a just society where poor women and men claim their rights and have equal opportunities. This vision can only be achieved through gender equality and good governance, which will therefore both be essential themes in all of Oxfam’s programming in Pakistan. Within that, Oxfam’s contribution to achieving this vision will focus on promoting the following four changes in the country: enhanced land rights and economic opportunities for poor women and men; an end to violence against women; access to quality education as a right for all girls; and increased resilience to disasters and climate change by poor women and men, and their enhanced access to effective humanitarian assistance in emergencies.
To work with others to find lasting solutions to poverty and suffering
To ensure that financial procedures & policies are implemented and practiced in a way that meet organisational objectives and to provide maximum support to the programme staff.
To perform financial tasks according to the policies and support the program team, enabling them to be more effective.
Post holder reports to: Deputy Finance Manager (DFM)
Staff reporting to this post: N/A
BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY: N/A
- Handling queries (general) from OGB Partners– wide-ranging internal and external, including detailed information
- Frequent visits to Partners for problem solving
- Advice at a detailed level
- Contributing to policy & procedures development by Partners
- Assessment of new partners and highlighting their areas of development
- On the job training to Partners
- Manages own time to achieve all above objectives
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- Leveraging skills and perspectives not available in the partner organization.
- Helping partner organisation in addressing issues that it may not have the expertise, skills or resources to manage on its own.
- Helping the management in Developing Criteria for Partner Selection
- Helping in Structuring Agreements with partners
- Ensuring regular partner financial monitoring visits, identification of gaps in systems, cross checking partner financial reports and recommendations.
- Follow-up of recommendations to partners & giving feedback respectively.
- Assessing whether the project ﬁt well with the current capabilities of the
- Partner organisation
- Identifying capacity gaps and recommend for specific support requirement
- Financial assessment of partners.
- To visit the partners for their capacity building
- To provide assistance to partners in preparation of their financial reports.
- Process cash and bank payments as per procedures
- Assist the DFM for timely monthly closing.
- Upload books (Country office and hubs) journals in the People soft within the defined time
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations on monthly basis and follow up on outstanding issues
- Prepare quarterly EOC provisions
- To check the adjustment journal vouchers (Depreciation, EOC, Reconciliation, etc) and upload them
- To prepare the bank mandates/add or delete the signatories as and when required
- Preparation of purchase invoices on HELIOS(logistics’ software)
- To supervise the interns and volunteers and help them in understanding various financial matters
- To keep a record of tax deducted at source from suppliers.
- To issue Tax certificates to suppliers/consultants/staff as per statutory requirements.
- To submit monthly/quarterly and annual statements to FBR.
- To reconcile accounts with EOBI department.
- To prepare the top-up and cash forecast for the funds required to meet the future payments
- Any other task assigned by the line manage
- Educational qualification: CA/ICMA/ACCA inter, MBA (finance) with significant experience of at least 05 years in Finance.
- Ability to understand and implement the government tax laws.
- Ability to meet the deadlines
- Analytical Skills required.
- Manages own time under guidance and direction from superiors.
- Spots errors and mistakes in own work.
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Computer literate, including word-processing, database and/or spreadsheet use, Microsoft office programmes.
This job description is not incorporated into the employment contract. It is intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification as it may be varied from time to time in the light of strategic developments following discussions with the post holder. The post holder will be expected to work to agreed objectives, which should facilitate the achievements of the key responsibilities in accordance with the Performance Review process.