The primary responsibilities of the RA are described below:
- Conduct research (primary and secondary) on microfinance sector in Pakistan either internally or through engagement with appropriate consultants.
- Author and publish MicroNotes as required (1-2 per year).
- Manage and oversee research function of PMN - Prepare, oversee and manage PMN research publications
- Manage and undertake consulting projects related to research, or support other PMN staff in their projects on relevant areas
2. Managing Events
-Conceptualize Round Tables and Policy Dialogues to disseminate findings of research studies - Work in close collaboration with relevant PMN staff to plan and manage round table and policy events (only those that are related to the RA’s work)
3. Donor Reporting
-Handle donor reporting on behalf of PMN under supervision of the COO
4.Internal Governance and Management
- Preparation of PMN’s Annual Report - Manage the PMN membership process - Manage the Islamic Microfinance Working Group.
- Participate in Strategic Planning exercises for the industry and the PMN
- Represent PMN at various forums as required Any other work that is deemed necessary by the organization from time-to-time.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
Education and Experience
- The candidate should possess a Masters degree in Economics, Public Policy, Development Studies or related field from a reputable institution.
- The position requires at least 5 years of experience in research, preferably in the development or financial sector.
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate an ability to conduct and manage research projects independently.
- Familiarity with microfinance in Pakistan would be preferred.
- The position involves extensive writing thus the candidate must possess excellent writing skills. In addition, strong presentation skills are a pre-requisite.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail - Able to work independently and within time constraints
- Ability to manage and coordinate teams.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word applications
31st May 2012