Program Background Summary: Pakistan Reading Project (PRP) is five years USAID funded project starting June 2013 with the objective to support the provincial and regional departments of education (DoE) throughout Pakistan to improve reading skills of at least 1.3 million children in grade one and two. The goal will be supported by three interrelated components including improved classroom learning environment for reading, improve policies and systems for reading and community based support for reading in Pakistan. The anticipated results include 23,800 teachers in 23,800 public schools with improved skills in teaching reading,3,649 scholarships for ADE and B.Ed (Hons) students, mobile bus libraries reaching out to 300 communities.
The School Support Associate will:
- Facilitate in-service professional development activities in the UC/Tehsil/District that include face-to-face trainings, follow-ups and roll out of TIG activities.
- Support teachers in implementing newly learned concepts and skills through regular follow-up support visits to schools.
- Work in close collaboration with teachers, head teachers and concerned education officer(s) in preparing and implementing school/ union council/ tehsil based reading improvement plans and strategies
- Assist District Program Manager in managing administrative and logistic issue for a smooth implementation of program activities in the district.
- Assist District Program Manager in developing monthly cash projection against program activities, disbursement of project beneficiary allowances, district based procurement (as and where needed) and maintaining update financial and compliance records/matters.
- Assist District Program Manager in compiling monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports by providing updated and accurate information from field. In addition, collect and share success stories from the field to highlight impact of the program.
- Prepare/partake in detailed weekly/monthly plans including field travels/school visits while adhering to quarterly/annual/LoP work plan targets and indicators.
- Ensure proper record keeping of the TIG meetings, follow-up visit, and teacher observation tools and reporting those to the district office accordingly.
- Support teachers in maintaining portfolios with up to the mark quality
- Assist the district, provincial and national offices in undertaking monitoring and data collection tasks.
- Collect content analytics from tablets
- Provide updated contents, and first level support to tablet users about tablet and multimedia contents
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: District Program Manager Position directly supervises:
Indirect Reporting: Other Internal and/or external contacts: Describe the nature of departments or groups the position influences or requires support from to accomplish objectives.