The successful candidate helps identify and implement project management policies and leads multiple small and large software/Web application development projects from conceptualization to launch.
The Project Manager performs project leadership functions, including defining the project's objectives, retrieving scopes of work from Business Analysts for each phase of the project, overseeing quality control throughout its life cycle, acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members in order to deliver projects according to plan.Major Duties/Responsibilities
1. Manages small and large scale Software/Web application projects from beginning to end.
2. Defines project scope, charter, goals and deliverables in support of business goals and works with senior leadership and stakeholders for approvals
3. Ensures that projects are completed on time and meet all business and system requirements. Conducts all project management tasks to ensure schedule, cost, and quality goals
4. Leverages the expertise of a leadership and team to ensure project scope is well documented and managed properly throughout the delivery cycle of the project.
5. Develops project plans, schedule and work breakdown structure for projects
6. Communicates project status, progress on deliverables, and risks/issues to stakeholders and leadership in a timely manner
7. Discuss and prioritize project issues with the project team, and provide help/support to the project team as required.
8. Works with software estimation group to ensure project staffing and resource plan
9. Collaborates with cross-functional teams including architects, software engineers, developers and technical leads to ensure timely delivery of project
10. Identifies and resolves issues/conflicts within the project team
11. Maintains project tracking and provides status reports to senior leadership.
12. Adheres to change management processes during the project life-cycle.
Skills/ Education Required:
1. Completion of an accredited Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Information Technology bachelor's program, or higher.
2. Familiarity with IT policies, standardized work and SDP is desirable.
3. MBA MIS / PMP certification preferred
4. Bachelors degree required (technical discipline preferred) Equivalent work experience.
5. Good verbal and written communication skills.