Accounts, Finance & Financial Services
||Advanced University Degree (Masters Degree or equivalent) preferably in Finance or Business Administration. Professional Financial/Accounting qualification (CA, ACCA, CMA or CPA) will be preferred.
||Sep 5, 2012
|Job Posting Date:
||Aug 28, 2012
Working in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas, Plan aims to reach as many children as possible, particularly those who are excluded or marginalized with high quality programs that deliver long lasting benefits by increasing its income, working in partnership with others and operating effectively.
The Account Manager provides financial and accounting services to the operation of Country Office and provides support to Country Finance Manager in running an efficient finance function in Plan Pakistan in accordance with Plan Rules and Regulations. Provides the operational/finance support including Country Programme disbursements, reports and audits.
Dimensions of Role:
Typical Responsibilities - Key End Results of Position:
- The position manages 2 direct reports and works in collaboration with Pus.
- Accounts Manager is responsible to ensure the accuracy of financial data and reports.
1. Financial management and support
2. Payment and fund management
- Share Budget instruction, necessary formats with Program Units and different department heads at CO level
- Provide guidance to Finance, Admin, P&C and Program teams on preparing annual and quarterly budget and review the same
- Review and ensure compilation of annual and quarterly budget as per budget instructions
- Consolidate country annual budget and Budget revision on Quarterly basis
- Review and consolidate Plan Pakistan budget planning in coordination with Country Finance Manager and relevant staff to ensure compliance with global and internal budget instructions and on time submission.
- Updating monthly financial reports and providing inputs for required actions need to be taken.
- Ensure accurate Year end reporting and completion of YE schedules
- Review all required financial documents to ensure weekly transactions are posted in GL.GL monthly export file is sent to IH, monthly financial, quarterly and year end reports are prepared on the timely manner and accurate and ensure recharge within and outside country is settled properly.
- Provide guidance to Finance team in assessing realistic fund request
- Ensure timely fund disbursement to beneficiaries and program units
- Ensure appropriate recording of financial transactions in corporate software and uploading data
- Review and monitor partners budgets and reports, build financial capacity of partners to meet Plan minimum requirements and maintaining outstanding commitments.
3. Project Control
- Review all financial transactions
- Ensure timely payments to beneficiaries with accuracy of documentation as per Plan policies
- Prepare monthly staff payroll with accurate calculations of tax and EOBI
- Communicate with bank regarding remittances, cash delivery, fund transfer, bank charges and dollar endorsement to travelers
- Maintaining bank account signatories and updating the authority limits as per the delegation of authority as and when required.
- Monitor and follow up overdue advances to employees and partners
- Review fund forecast and inform Finance Manager for processing
4. Audit facilitation and follow-up
- Update PUs and concerned Department about any changes of approved/modified budget
- Share findings on financial performance of projects/program with concerned sector
- Prepare Project outline document for the CO finance and CMT related activities and regular monitoring of the same.
- Facilitate proper training/coaching and refreshers to Plan & Partner staff on finance and administration including asset management.
- Facilitate Finance & Admin Network Meetings on quarterly basis
5- Management of Corporate financial system
- Coordinate and share auditors requirement with appropriate staff and assign responsibilities
- Accompany audit team on field visit.
- Providing appropriate record to auditors as per requirement.
- Assist CFM in audit wrap-up and provide necessary information for explanation
- Prepare AAL (Audit Action List), assign tasks for corrective actions and follow-up
6- Staff supervision and development
- Manage general ledgers and financial accounting works to ensure complete and correct supporting documents, accurate GL data, and keep track of expenditures in accordance with Plan financial policy and procedures and relevant law and regulation.
- Process period end activities in the GL
- Ensure maintenance of GL log book.
- Ensure that GL access sheet is updated.
Dealing with Problems:
- Set performance standards of Accounts Coordinator and Accounts Officer
- Review annual and mid term performance
- Identify training need and initiate training/development of staff in cooperation HRD
- Provide coaching and feedback
- Monitor, follow up and provide guidance to staff for improved performance.
- Manage direct reports to ensure their performance is at least meeting expectation.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Complexity of problems handled & the degree of investigation, analysis, & creative thinking required to solve them
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to build team and work as team player
- Motivating and bring staff to high levels of performance requires a creative and effective management style
- Using your technical knowledge effectively and knowing when to seek additional support
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviors Required to Achieve Role Objectives:
- Internal: Program Units and Advisors, P&C, Admin, ICT, MER and Grants Department.
- External: Partners, Consultants, Service providers and Suppliers, Banks and ARO
- Advanced University Degree (Masters Degree or equivalent) preferably in Finance or Business Administration. Professional Financial/Accounting qualification (CA, ACCA, CMA or CPA) will be preferred.
- A minimum of five years of relevant experience in accounts and finance is required, preferably in a development organization.
- Sound knowledge, understanding and practical application of financial tools toward facilitating the accounts department.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills and relevant financial software packages
- Capacity to produce financial information/budgets and good quality documents and deliver projects to agreed parameter
- Fluency in oral and written English and Urdu is essential.
- Computer proficiency is essential (MS Word, Power Point, Excel and financial software)
- Organizational skills.
- Demonstrate adherence to Plans corporate focus, rules, regulations, and computer guidelines.
- Timely follow up on reports and recommendations, particularly audits and evaluations.
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments and deadlines in achieving results
- Ability to plan and organize work by identifying priority activities and adjusting priorities as required
- Ability to apply good judgment in the resolution of account related problems
- Commitment to continuous learning and willingness to keep abreast of new developments in accounts and finance.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and sustain partnerships and good working relations with staff and peers
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with
- colleagues, a variety of team members and external contacts through good written and spoken communication skills
- Demonstrated approach to work that is characterized by commitment, motivation, energy and flexibility.
- Demonstrate value for money in all decisions and practices.
- Commitment to PLANs mission and vision including the value for the rights and needs of children, and ability to articulate the vision of PLAN to different audiences.
- Ability to relate to children and their caregivers and establish a rapport quickly and effectively