Planning & Development
||B.Sc civil engineering or DAE (civil)
||Aug 22, 2012
|Job Posting Date:
||Aug 8, 2012
- The WES Officer will be responsible for initiating and managing Water and Environmental Sanitation (WES) and infrastructure development activities, programmes, and projects at Program Unit level.
- He/She will ensure that the rights and welfare of children are prioritized and that Plan�s Child Centred Community Development approach is part of all programme activities.
What does the jobholder plan?
- Plans to complete projects within deadlines set for each activity.
- Plans MIS reporting system to evaluate and monitor WES Program at district level
- Designs feasibility studies for each construction project.
- Plans to procure services and materials required for construction.
- Prepare action plan for scaling up WES program in the District
- Work plan of implementing partners for work in WES
What are the outputs and deliverables?
- Advocate for implementation of national and provincial policies for WES at district level
- Collaborate and support existing networks and groups working in WES at district level
- Design various capacity building plans for Government line agencies staff, partner NGOs as well as communities to achieve WES programme objectives.
- Promote integration of WES program with other programmes of Plan Pakistan at PU level
- Prepare Cost estimates along-with construction drawings for all construction projects
- Prepare a comprehensive and detailed construction schedule showing how each activity will be initiated, implemented and completed.
- Develop a viable Management Information System that provides complete information WES programme at district level
- Ensure that service and materials contracts are in place for timely delivery of requirements at sites.
- Ensure that technical guidelines are given to the partner organization as per the norms of Plan Pakistan national and international policies, strategies and standards.
- Prepare various monthly and quarterly reports for submission to head quarters and donor agencies.
What does the position holder oversees?
- The management and development of WES/ construction projects (Software and hardware).
- Budgets related to each project.
Which team/posts report to the post holder?
- Plan Pakistan partner NGOs.
Criteria of Success
- Monitoring and evaluation reports
- Effective recognition of Plan at district level in WES
- Acceptance of Plan by district government for taking decisions regarding WES programmes at district level
- Completion of projects within the allocated budget constraints.
What are the primary linkages for this post?
- Plan Partner Communities
- Plan Pakistan and International colleagues.
- Provincial and District government officials.
- Local and International NGO officials
- Partner NGOs
- Contractors and Service Providers.
- Knowledge and understanding of latest approaches being used for behavioral change communication related to WES interventions
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods, procedures and standards) with special focus on WES.
- Ability to interact with and involve district governments in WES program initiatives
- Ability to handle contractors and ensure quality and value for money.
- Capacity to produce budgets and deliver projects to agreed parameters.
- Ability to adapt and work effectively with diverse teams including multinational teams often-in difficult situations.
- Demonstrate approach to work that is characterized by commitment, motivation, energy and flexibility.
- Ability to relate to people from diverse cultural backgrounds and establish good working relations.
- Ability to credibly represent Plan Pakistan to all stakeholders.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Good verbal and written English and Urdu are essential.
- Strong communicative and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong analytical, networking, negotiating and decision-making skills.
- Computer proficiency (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent organizational skills.
Qualification & Experience
- B.Sc civil engineering or DAE (civil)
- Atleast 3 years working experience in case of B.Sc (civil Engineering) or 5 years for DAE (Civil) in the field of water and sanitation with INGO/ NGO
- Experience of working with partnerships