The Academic Coordinator coordinates the administration of academic programs offered at Premier American School (PAS) in a manner that serves the best interest of students, maintains the highest standards of academic integrity in accordance with the mission, core values, and purposes of the PAS.
· Responsible for day to day Monitoring, Evaluation and Implementation of school curriculum for all subjects across all tiers from Play Group to Preparatory levels and above, including External Examination with IGCSE, teaching plans and syllabus break-downs, teaching methodology, assessment mechanism and class room lesson monitoring with focus on home-work dairy communications and Copy/Register/Note Book counter checking.
· Development of exam papers and school evaluations.
· Preparation of monthly in-class assessments, sessionals, mocks, and terminal examinations and examination planning, moreover post examination result compilation and organizing parent teacher meetings.
· Academic Coordinator is responsible for time table management, student performance follow-up on daily or weekly basis, communications with the parents/guardians on student attendance, dairy communications with parents, class performance, conduct and student academics monitoring.
· Monitoring the school teaching and support staff and students for the smooth functioning of the academics and programs.
· Ensure that the PAS curriculum is followed completely and comprehensively with full adherence to PAS teaching standards and methodology.
· Responsible to make sure that the all teaching staff follows the PAS Teacher Code of Conduct as per the ‘Staff Handbook’.
· Counter check the dairies and copies. Make sure each and every student is given proper attention and copies/notebooks counter stamped with ‘CHECKED’.
· Coordinate IGCSE, High School, O & A level and be fully responsible for the allocated tier and academics.
· Responsibilities includes time table communications, staff time allocations, staff salary negotiations, standard period allocations, student admissions assessments, student interviews, parental handling, academic performance monitoring, examination conduct, invigilation and substitution teacher responsibilities, student career and mentoring counseling on daily basis thus bridging any potential communication or learning gap between the student and the teachers.
· Any other task assigned by the Principal
· Specialized Knowledge in Teaching or Teacher Certification
· Articulating deep understanding content through professional development
· Coaching, mentoring, professional development and advising
· Working effectively with ethnically and academically diverse populations
· Demonstrating enthusiastic passion of supporting colleagues
· Excellent computer literacy, speed and accuracy essential. (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Exceptional communication skill both written and spoken
· Excellent planning and organizing skills
PAS is a world-class educational program established by AISS INC, USA which combines curriculum, technology and innovative teaching techniques to challenge our talented students. PAS, Lahore is the first, and flagship school of AISS in Pakistan. Its Head office and Advisory Board are based in New Je ...Read More