The selected candidate will be responsible for designing and application of an appropriate project management framework for various projects to ensure project completion within the agreed scope.
The incumbent will report to the telecom Project Services Group (PSG) Manager and will supervise the Project Management team.
1. To prepare and maintain the Project Plan and the project schedule; and be responsible for the budgeting, execution of the plan, monitoring and controlling the project.
2. To liaise with program management (if the project is part of a program) and related projects to ensure that work is neither overlooked nor duplicated.
3. To tracking actual project performance and costs against project plan, to ensure there is no deviations from plan.
4. To proactively determine and manage risks to the project including the development of contingency plans.
5. Managing the project team and the production of the required project deliverables.
6. To apply the change control process and any required configuration management.
7. To report through agreed reporting lines on project progress through status reports.
8. To adopt an appropriate technical and quality strategy to ensure the successful completion of the project to customers satisfaction.
9. To conduct end of project evaluation, team performance evaluation to assess how well the project was managed and preparing the end-of-project report.
10. To prepare a project Lessons Learned report and also to prepare any follow-on action recommendations as required.