1 To provide, as practicable, learning opportunities for every child relative to his/her needs, abilities and stages of development establishing effective relationships with students based on mutual respect, as practicable, recognizing the individuality of each pupil.
2 Ensuring an effective and challenging learning environment and ensuring the classroom is an attractive and welcoming place.
3 To prepare lesson plans, develop and manage classroom resources, teach subjects according to curriculum goals and objectives set by syllabuses and school policy.
4 Marking and evaluating students' work, recording results and completing reports and profiles on student achievement as per school policy.
5 To support the wider educational, collegial and cultural life of the school, leading by example in supporting standards expected of people at the school.6 As per school policy, to report to parents, caregivers, guardians and other relevant community members on the progress and development of the students in the teacher's care. To be available on occasions to meet with parents, caregivers, guardians to discuss the progress and development of the students in the teachers care as the school requests.
|1. Candidates must know how to plan, prepare for, and design effective curriculum, assessment tools, and instruction strategies.
2. Applicants must be skilled instructional facilitators. They make effective decisions and take appropriate actions during instructional situations.
3. Applicants must be reflective practitioner and should demonstrate professional committed to lifelong learning.
4. Applicants must know how to direct students through course content. They know the most effective instructional strategies for the particular content they teach.
5. Candidates must know how to assess and evaluate student work, how to provide effective feedback, and how to apply what they have learned to improve instruction.
6. Candidates can utilize effectively a repertoire of instructional and communication strategies.