· Apply design knowledge in power distribution, grounding, lighting, control systems, and equipment specification and selection.
· Create and implement a preventive maintenance program (with trouble shooting, overhauling) for generators and generator related machinery maintenance.
· Responsible to keep the electrical equipment and generators in good working condition.
· Review equipment performance, discuss problems and take decisions to resolve issues.
· Evaluate outsource options and negotiate most economical rates for maintenance of equipment.
· Preparation of annual maintenance plan, shut-down plan and break-down plans to execute maintenance activity within defined time frame and parameters.
· Ensure in-time availability of spares and forecast future requirements to reduce time to repair and cost.
· Enhance productivity, performance of man and equipment and prepare cost and benefits analysis and payback period for proposed development/equipment.
· Provide on-site and in-house training to ensure maximum utilization of equipment and educate staff on safety hazards/precautions.
· Perform energy audits to minimize energy consumption and cost, try to eliminate the idle age of equipment/generators.
· Improve the maintenance level through continuous process of inspection and monitoring to reduce cost and prevention of faults.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the senior as needed.