- To plan and undertake investigations into allegations of fraud and corruption of varying nature and complexity.
- To comply with legislative requirements governing the conduct of investigations
- To reduce fraud and corruption losses by efficiently and effectively investigating, preventing,
detecting, analyzing, reporting and recovering losses.
- To identify and utilize appropriate investigative techniques and technologies to achieve maximum Efficiency and effectiveness.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with police and other law enforcement agencies, other external
agencies, legal departments and prosecuting Counsel where appropriate.
- To investigate allegations of fraud, corruption and dishonesty at departmental and corporate
levels in accordance with prevalent legislation and utilizing appropriate investigative techniques.
- To conduct formal tape-recorded interviews with suspects and witnesses in accordance with
current legislation and Codes of Practice.
- To undertake static and/or mobile surveillance as required, utilizing covert equipment where
appropriate, in accordance with current legislation.
- Where required and duly authorized, assist the police in the search of premises and questioning of suspects, including interviewing suspects at police stations.
- To use own initiative, sound judgment and experience to reach appropriate decisions in
accordance with the aims and objectives of the Counter Fraud Service.