KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
· Responsible for designing school structures with keeping principles of safety, child friendliness, earthquake and floods resistance and cultural sensitivities of the area.
· Keep productive coordination with relevant Government construction units for the approval, construction and completion of school designs and structures.
· Assist the sub-grantees in preparation of tender documents and pre-qualification of contractors
· Supervise onsite the work of contractors and laborers to ensure timely completion of school
Structures as per the BOQ’s specifications, physical quality and according to the agreed schedule.
· Monitor and share construction progress, issues and proposed remedial actions with proper and timely feedback to the sub-guarantees and SC management on a weekly basis.
· Consult and coordinate with Construction Manager at PkCO on technical issues when and where required.
· Coordinate with the logistics and education team on a regular basis to ensure efficient program
· Maintain a database of all construction work with detailed plan for each school/location.
· Develop and apply monitoring tools and spend at least 50% time in field to monitor onsite physical progress and share findings and recommendations with the relevant management of SC and sub grantees.
· Coordinate material testing and other quality control measures by ensuring compliance's.
· Encourage community participation and ownership and provide technical support to PTSMCs on
school expansion plans (SEPs).
· Ensure proper construction processes which are undertaken by the sub-grantees and contractors with maintaining quality in each stage of construction of schools.
· Ensure appropriate and cost effective usage of Save the Children's materials and other resource in order to keep control on costs and ensure safety in the workplace.
· Comply with the requirements of Save the Children's Child Protection Policy to ensure maximum
protection for children.
· Regularly tack and support the contractor and contracted laborers in order to complete the designated projects on time and ensure the utilization of allocated financial resources within given time frame.
· Maintain effective communication with all stakeholders and regular reporting of joint activities and coordination measures.
· Any other duties task assigned by the supervisor as required in line with skills, experience and role.
· Willingness to work in emergency contexts and deployment on emergency programs as part of our commitment to dual mandate (for all positions).
SKILLS AND BEHAVIORS (our Values in Practice)
· Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
· Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically.
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency
· Commitment to Save the Children Values.