Purpose of the Position
The Programme Coordinator is expected to provide a leadership and coordinating role on programmatic issues, both in the development of quality proposals as well as the effective implementation of IH projects across Pakistan with a focus on settled population, internally-displaced populations and flood-affected communities. IH major programmes in the country are; Orphan Care, WASH, Livelihoods, Education and Acid Victim Support programme. The PC is also expected to provide technical backstopping to program Officers and field managers.
Programme Planning & Development
- Support the implementation of the IH Pakistan Country Program Strategic Plan, in line with IH- UK vision and mission
- Supervise the development of program sector strategies, including the integration of cross-cutting issues of gender, environment, disaster risk reduction and advocacy
- Assist the Country Manager in developing a disaster preparedness and emergency response capacity according to the country context and IH capacity.
- Provide guidance and leadership to the field team and partner organizations in close coordination with Country Manager
- To design and develop concept note and conduct surveys and assessment in close supervision with field staff and program officers
- To ensure that IH Pakistan programmes are well integrated and all the staff are well oriented on all programmes/projects
- To explore avenues for institutional funding and develop donor mapping to ensure program sectors get sufficient funds
- Take a lead role in the development and designing of country volunteer strategy and social mobilization strategy for empowerment of the communities and strictly observe the same
- Support the M&E Officer to ensure that needs-based and right based project proposals are developed, according to the development and emergency situation of the country
- Support project managers and sector heads that program officers to ensure that program implementation is managed closely through the development of work-plans
- To monitor the project plans and also monitor the expenditures on monthly basis in order to avoid any over or under spending
- Provide timely and accurate advice to the Country Manager of about the new opportunities in program and project implementation with any amendment for action
- Support the M&E Officer for following the IH M&E strategy and tools for the collection and analysis of program information
- To manage the development of timely and high quality reporting by the program staff for and project managers as per the agreed formats and IH standards
- Coordinate the visits of delegates, senior management and donor to field areas, and support field staff in preparing and conducting these visits as necessary.
- Support the Partnership Officer in the development of a partnership strategy as well as the development of required implementation tools
- To manage proper documentation of all MoUs with all partners, also arranged all the backlog in this regard
- Ensure the provision of appropriate technical assistance IH Head Quarter, Directors, external consultants, sister organizations or partner agencies as per IH needs
Human Resources and Staff Development
- To provide on job training, guidance and coaching to the staff reporting to this position
- To Provide appropriate and timely feedback to staff regarding their performance, including timely implementation of the annual performance development plan
- To enable the program heads and project manager to implement staff development plan
- To guide the sector head and project managers in the designing of their staff job descriptions
- To ensure that regular and quality staff evaluations are conducted for all staff.
- As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) develop and review appropriate HR policies and address issues.
- Promote open and conducive working environment
- To represent IH Pakistan at different forums as per the request of the CM
- To build and maintain a sound relationship with implementing partners, government, donor s and other stakeholders
- Assist the Country Manager in developing a strong relationship with donors to ensure sustainable funding of programs
- Serve as an active member of the country programís Senior Management Team and Assist the Country Manager in all matters as necessary.
Responsible For (Staff): Project Managers, Orphan Care Officer, Partnership Officer, Programme Officers
Liaises With: Country Finance Officer, Country Admin Officer, M &ER Officer, other clusters and forums
- Post-graduate degree in Social Work, Development Studies, Sociology, Anthropology, Economics or relevant social sciences or equivalent demonstrable experience in relevant fields
- Relevant professional 6-8 years of experience, in emergencies and development works
- Excellent command on MS word, MS Excel & Power Point
- Knowledge of development issues & concepts
- Experience of working in an insecure environment