Purpose of the Position
The IT/Admin Assistant is excepted to fulfil all the IT related work of the organizations. He is expected to provide technical expertise in establishing IT infrastructure and maintain the same for IH in all Officers in Pakistan. His/her primary expertise and responsibility is to deal IT related issues of the organization. His secondary responsibility is to assist the Country Administrative related work. IH Pakistan is expected 70% IT and 30% Administration related tasks from this position.
- Provides support and maintenance for rolling out IT standards for the Country Office, in alignment with IH policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoot end user hardware and software issues
- Perform timely and regular backup operations
- Perform installations, repairs, and preventative maintenance on staff computers
- Assist with contacting vendors and service providers of IT equipment and supplies for efficient and effective office operations
- Work with programme staff to manage website development, information and updates and keep all the backup of data
- Assist in network and security system
- Administrates information systems and ensures that they are stable, effective to use
- Answer telephones and transfer to appropriate staff member
- Meet and greet staff and visitors
- Create and modify documents using Microsoft Office
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system
- Assist in preparation of procurement documents and process as per policy
- Setup and coordinate Skype and telephonic meetings and conferences
- Maintain and distribute staff weekly schedules
- Support staff in assigned project based work
Responsible For (Staff): Cook, Office Boy, Cleaner, Gardener
Liaises With: Country Manager, Islamabad based staff, Field Managers and Field Admin Officers
- MIT, M.Sc,or any otehr relevant degree or relevant professional experience in similar level position with national or international NGO
- At least 1-2 years work experience in similar role.
- Good communication & team building skills.
- Knowledge of development issues & concepts
- Experience of working in an insecure environment
|- Active team player.
- Flexible and adaptable. Willing to travel to remote field areas with basic living conditions.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure often to strict deadlines
- Capacity building and training skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Must have good prioritisation skills, with effective decision making abilities, to cope in a dynamic environment and to operate on multiple fronts simultaneously. Islamic Help as a humanitarian organisation responds to emergencies which may affect routine work.
Ensure best value of money and facilitate process to improve accountability to beneficiaries and donors, Humanitarian Accountability Principles (HAP)
Islamic Help, like other INGOs working in Pakistan, sometimes has to operate in risky environment/areas. Islamic Help has security management plan to deal with threats and to minimize the risk.