As the SQA Engineer with SQA team, the individual will be responsible for the execution of Manual and Automated test plans. Must have a working knowledge of quality assurance methodologies. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Defines and tracks quality assurance metrics such as defect densities and open defect counts.
- Implementation of testing strategy, QA policies and procedures
- Administers testing tasks to scope and works within time constraints
- Remain actively involved in the analysis and development of project functional requirements, design specifications, test plans, and test scripts.
- Performs low level project planning for quality assurance (QA) projects.
- Interacts with business development, system developers, end users, and all other groups involved in project development, testing, or test planning.
- Involvement in the planning, design, and requirements gathering phases of the life cycle.
- Assists in the development of functional requirements.
- Performs functional and regression tests on applications, both manual and automated.
- To remain involved in the development of test plans.
- Edits and/or writes test cases.
- Evaluates test results to determine compliance with test plans, established business processes and business requirements.
- Reporting and coordinating test activities. Recording results in a defect tracking tool and actively facilitating Change Control.
- Configuration Management.