Under the leadership of Sr. Community Mobilization Manager, District Manager and close in coordination with Sectors Managers, Sr. Community Mobilization Officer will be responsible to implement CMU objectives, supervise CMOs and ensure quality implementation and timely completion of field activities according to work plans and carry out other overall programs related tasks through regular field visits, strengthen community committees, motivation, organization and capacity building activities of community committees in project areas.
- Lead Community Mobilization Unit (CMU) at district level.
- Supervise Community Mobilization Officers (CMOs) at the district level in quality execution of CMU targets developed in coordination with sectors.
- Ensure development of CMU team periodic work plans
- Provide technical leadership and day to day guidance to CMOs in forming and strengthening Community Committees (CCs) as per IRC standards
- Monitor CMOs performance in light of set objectives
- In coordination with sector managers, lead the process of effective participation of community ensuring inclusion of vulnerable and marginalized individuals groups according to IRC policies
- Ensure delivery of quality trainings for the community committees
- Establish district and villages profiles, base line data collection, community mapping, sites selection and beneficiaries identification for interventions
- Work with community committees to map and prioritize community needs
- Establish and promote linkages of community groups with Govt line department
- Coordinate project planning and implementation with technical support from technical team members and community leaders
- Conduct regular field visits
- Write and submit reports as obligated by the Sr. CM Manager and District Manager
- Liaise with communities on behalf of the project
Perform any other duty as assigned by the administrative and technical supervisor.
- Minimum Masterís degree in Social Sciences or related subjects
- Minimum 3 years experience in as community mobilize or similar position in development projects
- I year experience of supervisory role in community development/mobilization
- Experience of implementing livelihood projects
- Good understanding of Gender and vulnerability
- Good understanding of SPHERE standards
- Good analytical, communication, mediation, report writing skills
- Fluent in local languages along with good Urdu and English speaking/writing skills.
- Computer literate with Microsoft Word/ Excel
- Willingness and ability to travel within project areas