Under the leadership of Sr. Community Mobilization officer and close in coordination with sectoral technical teams, Community Mobilization Officer (CMO) will form Community Committees (CCs) in project areas for quality implementation of IRC programs. Through regular CC meetings, CMO will carry out community motivation and capacity building of community committees in project areas, ensuring quality and timely achievement of IRC objectives.
- Mobilize community groups, community committee’s formation and strengthening, sensitize and train them on specific topics as required, organize and facilitate meetings.
- Carryout the profiling of villages, baseline data collection, community mapping, sites selection and beneficiaries identification
- In coordination with sector staff , lead the process of effective participation of community ensuring inclusion of vulnerable and marginalized groups
- Organize training for the community committees for all functioning sectors in project area
- Work with community committees to map and prioritize community needs
- Establish and promote linkages of community groups with Govt line department
- Coordinate project planning and implementation with technical support from Technical team members and community leaders
- Conduct regular field visits
- Write and submit reports as obligated by the Manager
- Liaise with communities on behalf of the project
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the CMU management
- Good community mobilization and conflict resolution skills
- Good analytical, communication and report writing skills
- Good understanding of development concepts especially economic development
- Good understanding of Gender concepts in humanitarian/development context
- Familiar with SPHERE standards
- Fluent in local languages along with good Urdu and English speaking/writing skills.
- Computer literate with Microsoft Word/ Excel
- Willingness and ability to travel within project areas