The database officer works as part of the Livelihood team to develop, manage and store data collected from field teams.
1. Design and develop data base, record keeping and maintaining the data base.
2. Generate reports on a weekly and monthly basis.( Statistical & Graphical )
3. Modify existing databases and database management systems according to requirements.
4. Monitoring of data entry. After entry of the data the hard copies will be return to the respective teams. The ambiguous data forms will be returned to the respective community workers for accuracy.
5. Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications.
6. Plan, coordinate and implement database security measures to safeguard information in client computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
7. Train data entry staff and other database users as necessary
8. Answer questions and queries on database use and management
9. Develop user access levels for each segment of database according to programme management specifications.
10. Review procedures in database management system manuals for making any necessary changes to the database, according to protection management needs.
11. Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development.
12. Review workflow charts developed by programmer analyst to understand tasks computer will perform, such as updating records.
13. Data entry as required.
14. Any other task assigned by the management
· Demonstrable experience in designing and/or managing monitoring databases;
· Experience/knowledge of religious, cultural and ethnic dynamics in the areas
· Demonstrable capacity for working effectively in a close, multi-disciplinary cooperative team environment;
· Experience in building the capacity of implementing staff and partners;
· Demonstrable ability to live and work in insecure environment
Fluency in written and spoken English, Sindhi and/or Urdu