· Technical backstopping of FSL teams for the design and quality implementation of Food Security and Livelihoods work
· Capacity building of FSL team in understanding technical design and quality assurance in implementation and monitoring of Food Security and Livelihoods work
· Assist FSL Director in developing proposals and secure income from institutional donors
· Assist FSL Director and represent Save the Children (where appropriate) in FSL related coordination forums and ensures timely dissemination of new learning, key policies and FSL guidelines to the team mates
· Keep close coordination PDL Monitoring, Evaluation and Research unit to develop tools and ideas to ensure that Food Security and Livelihoods programs are monitored against measurable and appropriate indicators.
· Support program assessments, evaluations and other reviews required in the program
· Represent Save the Children in food security and livelihoods coordination in Islamabad, and elsewhere in country, when required. He/she should ensure Save the Children’s livelihoods work is well understood and well represented in key coordination forums and that the work is coherent with that of other agencies. Liaison with key government line ministries will be critical in this.
· Work with PDL Monitoring, Evaluation and Research unit to ensure that livelihoods programs are monitored against measurable and appropriate indicators developed by FSL and M & E team.
· Support program assessments, evaluations and other reviews required in the program.
· Post graduate or Master degree in Agriculture / Livestock and social sciences or other relevant field.
· Minimum 7-10 years of experience with at least 5 years of relevant experience
· Good understanding of livelihoods concepts and issues in a development context.
· Excellent communications and reporting skills
· Ability to establish partnerships and networks
· Ability to write effective proposals and prepare and manage budgets
· Ability to work independently to a high professional standard
· Sensitive to the cultural & political environment
· Fluent spoken & written English language
· Prepared to work and live in challenging surroundings.
· Knowledge of Pakistan and Region
· Working knowledge of Pakistani languages.