Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, the Nutrition Officer is responsible for the implementation, management, and development of the designated project which forms part of the ACTED post-flood response in Sindh, Pakistan. The Nutrition Officer will support nutrition activities in the districts of Sanghar,and Umerkot South Sindh through training, mentoring, facilitating .This position will ensure that Acted nutrition interventions are in line with the Nutrition Cluster strategy and will be an active member of the Nutrition Cluster.
The Nutrition officer shall be responsible for:
- Under the overall guidance and supervision of the PC, The nutrition officer will provide technical assistance to field staff regarding Nutrition.
- S/He will be responsible for devising training strategy to train female and male beneficiaries in the intervention areas.
- S/He will be responsible for designing and preparing of manual for training, leaf let/brochures on nutrition for beneficiaries in Sindhi.
- S.He will be responsible for the training/orientation of all field staff in the mentioned 3 districts of south Sindh.
- S/He will be responsible for planning and reporting of training activities to immediate supervisor.
- S/He will establish linkages with other organizations working in the sector and represent Acted in all local level nutrition working group meetings and other relevant activities such as assessments, training, monitoring, etc.
- S/He will make sure timely collection of data from the field sites and timely reporting of nutrition activities.
- S/He will have to deliver simple messages for the prevention of malnutrition and attainment of good health and nutritional status.