PROFESSIONAL SERVICES PROPOSAL WRITER (Power and energy industry domain)
- Review requests for proposals from potential customers in IT services and filter for Go and not Go project proposals.
- Then “Developing and preparing” proposals that respond to those Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- Technical Writing for IT services related proposals and follow up with the customers in North America.
- Prepare and edit project proposals including corporate brochures updates, project methodology, schedules and cost estimates.
- Get Proposal reviewed by subject matter experts and other stakeholders and submit the proposals.
- Prepare negotiations and follow up questions/answers on the proposal.
- Follow up with the potential customers on the submitted proposals.
- Prepare negotiations with clients and assisting/participating in the negotiations process.
- Preparing reports and proposals for customers based on their needs, including creative, innovative, novel, unique concepts and approaches.
- Content Writer for website and social media
Summary of the duties, duties include:
- Negotiating contracts, agreements and provisions
- Tracking proposals, writing proposals and other documentation
- Making sure that proposals in progress are in compliance with instructions
- Managing production and the distribution of all work documents related to the proposals
- Ensuring proposal formatting, helping with developing and implementing work solutions,
- Developing sales presentations, and gathering critical information for different personnel, to make the proposal submission as effective as possible
MUST REQUIRED SKILLS/BACKGROUND(APPLY IN CONFIDENCE, HOWEVER PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THESE SKIILLS)
Required Experience: Over 5 years’ experience in Professional services proposal development assistance and formatting.
- Must have excellent research skills and the ability to write persuasively and articulately are essential.
- Ability to skim through Request for Proposals “RFP’s” online fast, and be able to respond quickly, work under tight timeframes.
- Impeccable writing and editing abilities with writing samples that demonstrate these skills
- Very Strong MS word, Excel and Power Point formatting and composing, proofreading and editorial skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Demonstrated ability to document business processes, company expertise and write detailed corporate promotional documents like brochures, proposals.
- Able to interpret technical information and be able to relay it to users with great understanding.
- Internet Savvy with sound working experience of MS Office esp. Word, Excel and Power point.
- Be able to assist in the Business development and marketing dept. of the company i.e making brochures etc
- Proactive approach with excellent follow up.
PREFERRED BACKGROUND AND SKILLS
- Have worked before with consulting or IT services providers in North America for proposal writing.
- Excellent technical knowledge of various latest technologies regarding Information technology.
- Power to persuade customer with novel ideas.
- Ability to function in professional business environment with senior management.
- Strong verbal and written business correspondence / presentation skills.
- Familiarities of power and energy industry IT applications.
- Able to work in a supportive team role.
- Should be innovative, flexible and a team player.
- Highly resourceful and results oriented attitude.
- Strong skills in time management, prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills/ motivational skills.
- Good negotiation skills, analytical skills.
- Preparing & analyzing reports and correspondence.
- Ability to adhere to schedules and deadlines.
- Expected to work closely with several departments and representatives of departments, such as sales, marketing, contract department.