Position: Senior Legal Counsel
Qualifications and Experience:
Minimum Education: LLB (first division or CGPA 3.00) Bachelor degree in law or above, . Minimum8-10 years post qualification experience of working either as in-house legal counsel or in a well-reputed law firm. Strong inter-personal communication skills. Must have a basic knowledge of litigation and working of the Courts of Pakistan.
In-house legal counsel providing legal support to the company, participating in contract negotiations, Coordinating with external counsel,and liaising with customers in the preparation, negotiation and completion of all legal documentation with respect to all legal practice areas such as telecom law, IP law, IT law, contract law, commercial law, company law, criminal law, employment law, etc. Drafting and reviewing contracts ,agreements and other legal documents, Providing legal advice for the operation of the company, Resolving industrial dispute and lawsuit and arbitration, Identify contract risks and consult with business, technical, senior management to resolve complex contractual, legal issues, suggest and provide suitable contractual solution to business.
As an In-house Legal Counsel, the candidate would be required to undertake the following responsibilities.
- Review,draft and negotiate a broad range of contracts, MoUs, settlement agreement etc.
- Help develop, and understand, risk mitigation strategies for contractual risks which may arise during project implementation phase.
- Handle legal issues pertaining to logistics, import and export issues as per Pakistan custom laws & policy.
- Handle legal issues pertaining to tax matters including income tax and sales tax.
- Represent company's interests and liaise directly with clients and negotiating teams.
- Counsel,advise, and guide the company of accurate interpretation of contract documents, statutes and other relevant laws.
- Effectively manage and ensure external lawyer's support during litigation before the Courts.
- Keep the company updated about the level of compliance with the local laws.
- Develop internal guidelines, tool kits and manuals on various legal, business and compliance related issues.