Reporting to the CEO, the Manager Programs will be responsible for the operational success of the organization, ensuring seamless team management and development, program delivery and quality control and evaluation. In this role the Manager Programs will also explore and pursue further opportunities by identifying donor resources and writing proposals for long-term organizational sustainability.
- Develop and implement strategies that will maximize the synergies among program areas.
Program Operational Management:
- Design, manage, and supervise all programmatic aspects of multiple grants including work plan development, organizing capacity building trainings seminars, developing and other activities, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, responding to queries as and when required and meeting all deadlines.
- Monitor key developments in assigned thematic portfolio.
- Contribute to and participate in complex negotiations with bilateral or multilateral government agencies, donors or relevant audiences as authorized.
- Develop effective professional relationships and liaison with partner organizations, both national and international.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the donor community, policy community, other reputable NGOs and policy think tanks.
- Any other related duties as assigned by the CEO.
Team Management and Development:
- Developing SOPs and take professional measures for institutionalizing the organization.
- Develop and implement a system to evaluate the skill, experience and professional development needs of all staff.
- Implement a professional development program to address employee experience and skill gaps.
- Work with staff to develop objective performance measurements across all sites, to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation, and goal setting for all employees.
- Instil a sense of accountability among team members by modelling tight oversight of individual and organization performance standards.
- Oversee training and orientation of all staff members.
Identifying resources and proposals writing:
- Expertise in development the winning proposals
- Strong communication skills and experience of liaison with international donors
- Excellent Networking and Communication skills
- Compile and maintain a database of international and local donor organizations (international foundations, bilateral and multilateral agencies and private corporations offering grants).
- Regularly monitor donor websites and identify and inform donor opportunities matching the work of the organization.
- Oversee the website and ensure updating it with information about organizations work.
- Development of concept notes, project ideas and project proposals and ensure their timely submission in consultation with CEO.
- Undertake independent research in finding alternative resources for long-term sustainability of the organization.
- Assist the CEO in developing business plans to generate income from various sources.
- Manage proposal submission process and ensure complete, accurate, and timely proposal submission
- Oversee the communications and the organization literature such as brochures, website, reports, posters etc.
- Suggest innovative ideas for effective resource generation.
- Minimum of a Master degree, post-graduation in development studies would be preferred.
- At least 7 years of experience in development sector with three of those in key development position.
- Demonstrated success developing proposal with high winning ratio.
- Proficient in using technology (internet, computers and usual office software and equipment) as a management reporting tool and experience working with information technology to develop and implement program evaluation systems.
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multi-faceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth.
- Strength in managing, developing, coaching, and retaining individuals and teams, empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility, span-of-control and performance.
- Demonstrated results in managing through complex systems and proven experience negotiating winning agreements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to conceptual details.
- Must be proactive with abilities to take initiative and a cooperative team member.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, discipline and a commitment to and passion for organization mission and objectives.