Softech WorldWide, Karachi, a Microsoft Gold certified & Hi Potential Managed ISV Partner, is looking for SQA Engineer who will be responsible for the overall quality of the software product developed by Software Programmers.
Job responsibilities include:
- Performing Automation Testing using VSTS Ultimate 2010 and other updated tools
- Performing Web Performance Test, Load Test, Stress Test and Coded Test.
- Perform functional, user acceptance and regression testing on all central system, subsystems, modules and applications.
- Create, maintain and update test cases, based on business requirements.
- Assist SQA Manager in development of test plan and Test Reports.
- Reporting and managing software issues. Understanding of activities throughout the software development life-cycle.
- Wherever possible use Automation and other Industry best practices to enhance the testing process.
- Do testing of assigned modules.
- Prepare Test Cases and Submit Bug Reports/Software Change Requests for Software Programmers
- Discussion with software development team regarding issues found out during testing activity.
- Perform research work related to project or SQA activities
- Documentation as per requirement as asked by Project Manager or SQA Manager
- Perform Black box testing.
- Perform White box testing (code level)
- Perform Load / stress testing
- Verify bug tickets as software development team fixes bugs on local testing and production servers
- Develop pro-active solutions to improve SW test efficiency, support project development & integrating efforts with distributed teams, and implement process and quality improvements
- Very strong concepts of OOP, Analysis, Design, Databases, Data structures.
- Ability to Develop Applications and Databases (triggers, SPs, etc)
- Ability to work with development engineers to define, develop, and integrate automated tests in the selected test suite
- Must understand OOA/OOD
- Ability to work with software Managers to create test plans and test improvement projects, including work break downs & detailed planning.
- Ability to train and educate technical personnel in automated test processes
- Good understanding of QC, QA, Analysis, Sound Programming skills, SDLC and Automated Testing
- Can write GOOD (valid and efficient) programs
- Can understand and communicate in business/layman terms
- Good Analytical and Creative thinking skills