Major tasks of position (4-5 major accountabilities)
Two key areas-Market Research and Market Estimation.
- To maintain / enhance a culture of decision making based on market research and intelligence which permeates to the organization.
- To define / develop market research strategy in consultation with MM.
- To develop annual market research plan (including MR budget), in coordination with PMs / MM and do budgeting accordingly.
- To identify the research needs in coordination/consultation with PMs, support them in preparing Internal Brief; circulate and discuss the internal brief with the management, finalize and develop External Research Brief for the external research agencies. Invite agencies to submit their proposals, evaluate them, select the best proposal and suggest improvements (if required), guide research agencies in pre-field activities (questionnaire development and trainings), participate in pretests to see the effectiveness of questionnaire fieldworkers; to monitor progress of ongoing projects and prepare the status reports for internal customers; to follow the timelines, review final report before final presentation; to confirm that all objectives / information are covered in final report; to conclude the results and provide recommendations; summarize the key researches and circulate to all stakes holder; uploads and manage the research documents on global and local database.
- To provide assistance to Management for any research analysis as and when required, including product - awareness , satisfaction, switching, repurchase etc.
- To coordinate in house researches (dipstick survey etc.) with the help of CRM manager and MRO; provide support in questionnaire development, data analysis and presentation.
- To perform market visits, meet customers (farmers, dealers, value chain, etc.) and sales team and create understanding of the market and customer needs. Circulate visit report to all concerned with suggestions/recommendations.
- To invite Crop life members for participation in cotton panel; develop a syndicate of member companies who are interested in the activity; to negotiate with them on shares in total cost of project; to select the agency with the consensus of syndicate; to finalize the questionnaire, to get approval on it from syndicate and follow all the necessary steps need to do any ad hoc research; to analyze and present the results of cotton panel to own marketing and sales teams.
- To participate and contribute in the ad hoc studies initiated by Crop Life companies –(once in a while).
Market estimation/Forecast/Budget (incl. competitive intelligence):
- To coordinate with Sales Operation Office to collect sales information of Crop life member companies.To estimate the sales volumes of generic/local companies, on the basis of their imports and carryover, in collaboration with PMs.
- To compile historical market data in BI Software Agro win and send it to HQ, to coordinate with BI team whenever required.
- To coordinate with marketing team and provide them support in complex analysis, presentations and data queries / references (for development of future market forecast).
- To coordinate and finalize market forecast in BI database Tricast in collaboration with marketing team. Update the global system accordingly.
- Assist marketing in preparing the MDT and budget presentation.