Key responsibilities :
A. Implementation of Water Quality Monitoring Activities
Participates in WASH need assessments, technical feasibility studies, sanitary inspection surveys ,Water Management Committee, stakeholder analyses and community consultations;
Supports the development of agreements, MoUs, IEC materials and training manuals for the public health promotion and strengthening of community based organizations/WMC or other civil society groups for concern WASH facilities.
- To participate in the identification,planning and establishment of WASH needs in particular the design and construct appropriate systems to meet people's basic public health needs,including water supply for drinking, washing; sanitation; drainage; and solid waste disposal, Vector control.
- Water Quality analysis of basic physio-chemical and bacteriological parameters with hands on Del Agua or Wagtec Water Testing Kits and other essential parameters equipments utilization;
- Environmental protections measures for spring protection, Gravity Schemes, open well construction, Boreholes,and drinking water treatment in term of disinfection and household level treatment.
- Sustainable systems for longer-term operation and maintenance of all water supplies and sanitation facilities,including the provision of all necessary trainings to WMCs/CBOs and public health promoters
- Support and technical guidance to project team for development of public health promotion strategy and implementation of public health promotion campaigns;
- Mobilizes the community in the effective use of the community resources for safe and clean drinking water and hygiene promotion.
- Ensure, through daily dialogues and consultations that the strategy of the projects and the commitments of the various stakeholders are adhered to Responsible for mainstreaming gender equality;
- Liaising with program staff of other ACTED teams to ensure that information is shared and that lessons learned are developed.
- Ensure daily and monthly reporting of propose water quality monitoring and public health promotion activities to responsible authorities
- Ensure final project reporting for Water Quality Monitoring activities with concern tasks and lessons learns of the program