This will be a full-time position based at District Health Office (DHO) to support the project monitoring and evaluation activities as well as ensure accountability and learning in line with Save the Childrens MEAL strategy.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Manager Health.
Dimensions: Save the Children works in over 50 districts in Pakistan with the current staff complement of approximately 2,500 staff and current expenditure of over $50 million each year.
Staff directly reporting to this post:
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- The position holder will undertake regular field based monitoring in close collaboration with district health authorities and will be responsible for regular reporting on project progress with quality assurance.
- To roll out and manage MEAL mechanism as per SC guidelines.
- To establish,manage and strengthen accountability to beneficiaries mechanisms.
- To carry out regular field monitoring of program interventions and produce monitoring reports on the given format, conduct debrief sessions with relevant program staff and develop an agreed action plan;
- To carry out follow-up monitoring visits to materialize actions agreed inaction plan, also maintain Monitoring-Action Plan Tracker at field level;
- To provide feedback of community& support health facility staff in improving quality of services
- To support health team in implementation of default tracking system and reporting
- To assess the health sessions delivered in the community on EPI and provide on job support to mobilization team
SKILLS AND BEHAVIORS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the colleagues accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and her team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Motivates others to achieve the set targets.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with their team, colleagues, members and community.
- Believe in team work
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions of day to day issue.
- Willing to take calculated risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Commitment to Save the Children Values
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to work under pressure and adjust to difficult living & working condition.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- 2-3 years of monitoring evaluation, accountability and learning experience preferably with INGOs
- Expertise in databases, MS Office and other analysis software.
- Knowledge of local languages will be an added advantage