What does the jobholder plan?
- The Communications Manager will be responsible for strengthening Plan Pakistans child centered community development activities by building awareness and support for the development efforts by children, families, communities, civil society, government, non-governmental organizations and national organizations.
What are the outputs and deliverables?
- Plans a public relations and advocacy strategy for Plan Pakistan
- Plans a strategy for youth media.
Criteria for Success
- Write creative and contextually appropriate articles and reports.
- Make frequent visits to Plan-supported communities and assists in recording activities in the form of pictures, slides, films, and written reports. Document the data for outreach work.
- Disseminate information in the form of articles, bulletins, booklets, photographs and films.
- Arrange with the media (TV, Radio and Newspapers) journalists to visit projects and make information available to the public about program activities.
- Prepare press releases, press advisory messages and press packets for journalists as authorized.
- Support the Country Management Team and Crisis Management Team during PR crisis situations.
- Update and improve Plan Pakistanís Web Page.
- Facilitate the special visits of journalists and co-ordinate their activities.
What are the primary linkages for this post?
- District and national Government and non-government agencies recognize and value the contribution of Planís work.
- Plan Pakistan CO and PUs
- Plan Pakistan Partners.
- Local and central government officials.
- Local and national agencies and networks.
- Efficient in meeting commitments and deadlines in achieving results.
- Ability to plan and organize work by identifying priority activities and adjusting priorities as required.
- Commitment to continuous learning and willingness to keep abreast of new developments in the field of communications.
- Ability to work independently and with diverse teams.
- Ability to build effective work teams, selecting team members and sharing work appropriately.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and sustain partnerships and good working relations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, a variety of team members and external contacts through good written and spoken communication skills.
- Demonstrated approach to work that is characterized by commitment, motivation, energy and flexibility.
- Ability to relate to children, families and communities and build a rapport effectively.
- Commitment to Plan values including the rights and needs of children.
- Ability to articulate the vision of Plan programmes to different audiences.
Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent skills in oral and written English and Urdu; Strong communicative and interpersonal skills.
- Effective networking skills.
- Computer proficiency (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint Desktop Publishing, Page Maker).
- Organizational skills.
- Strategic and analytical, negotiating and decision- making skills.
- Advanced University Degree (Masters or equivalent) in Communication Studies, Journalism or a related field.
- A minimum of 8 years of progressive work experience in a similar position.
|Candidate must be proficient and resourceful enough to fill most customer requirements like: