- To manage the Transmission Planning function in each region with an overall responsibility for the microwave backhaul network design including that of VSAT, its engineering and configuration management, capacity management, projects implementation of new / existing transmission network. Responsible to define and maintain the network strategy and evolution of Transmission network.
- Responsible for preparation of detail level access (MW) design according to the inputs given by regional RAN planning teams
- Responsible for access (MW) rollout in the region through strategy align with regional rollout target
- Responsible for access (MW) network swap with detail level optimize and robust design align with strategy devised by HQ teams
- Responsible to handle day to day optimization activities for access (MW) network on need basis
- Responsible to keep all the tools like Pathloss, Connect, TXN DB etc updated at all times in coordination with regional FOPs teams
- Responsible for preparation of yearly & quarterly forecast for the necessary equipment required to operate the network
- Responsible to ensure that access (MW) network is integrated with centralize network monitoring system
- Responsible for controlling the TXN Opex in terms of LLs/VSAT and proposed alternates accordingly
- Interfacing with regional fixed asset representatives to ensure that all necessary project documentation needed for closure of projects in properly reconciled for further booking in financial system.
- Prepared the weekly progress reports for further sharing with concern departments in coordination with regional PMO
- Responsible for execution of core projects in the region as per guidelines issued from HQ; activities may include but not limited to fiber route surveys, equipment layout surveys, supervision of Core equipment TI, cut-over & loading in coordination with vendors under the supervision of owner department, acceptance, testing followed by PAT/PAC
- Responsible for tracking core equipment utilization and preparation of weekly reports
- O&M of core TXN equipment by ensuring the SLA signed by vendors including follow-ups with fiber service providers to ensure network availability
- Proposed solution for further optimization in fiber network
- Provide input to CAPEX and set and optimize the OPEX budgets in order to effectively plan and budget for the forthcoming year’s business requirement. Reconciliation of transmission related financial issues with finance department. Periodic cost analysis of transmission network and propose solutions to reduce the operational cost of transmission network.
- Responsible to define network evolution (18-24 months network evolution view) to ensure industry demands are met while aligning with overall Network Strategy.
- To manage leased circuits acquisition/disconnections and propose cost effective leased circuits alternatives to the management.
- To manage BTS back-haul capacity acquisition/disconnections and propose cost effective alternatives to the management.
- Responsible for the overall network design and to develop implementation plans as per the network strategy
- Plan budget for network extensions/expansions to ensure capital is planned ahead of time.
- Keep track of inventory control and rise red flag well before time to respective departments
Eligibility Criteria (Qualification, Experience & Skills):
- B.E Electronics/Telecom or equivalent and PMP preferred or equivalent management experience
- Minimum 6 Years of specific TX experience in Planning and Operations
- Corporate Finance, relative technical trainings
- Presentation / Communication Skills / Reporting Skills/Negotiation Skills/Problem Solving Skills
- Business Case analysis/Opex management Skills/Excellent Project Management Skills/Working under pressure within tight timelines/Exposure of Multivendor environment