- System administration of production solaris/linux servers in all four data centers (FMC/NYC/RWS/GTN/Lahore).
- Perform security audits of all production servers.
- Review network vulnerability and systems vulnerability scan reports.
- Review performance/resource utilization graphs for all production systems and provide recommendations to management for doing capacity planning.
- Perform monitoring of IT infrastructure which includes production servers, network devices, network paths, connectivity, storage, voice quality/paths and take appropriate notification, troubleshooting and follow-ups until issue is fixed.
- Keep i2c mailing infrastructure up and running.
- Keep i2c authentication infrastructure up and running.
- Keep track of SSL certificates, their renewal before expiry and update all systems for new certificates.
- Work with QE team for keeping our PCI and ISO certification compliance status updated.
- Provide support to development/SCM/DB/L2 teams through ticketing systems.
- Perform continuous research work on latest technologies for improving our infrastructure and self skills.
- Attend/conduct internal and external trainings.
- Take backups of key systems files and perform restoration upon requirements.
- Ensure that all applications/db that we have in our infrastructure must have redundancy within data center and across the data center,
- Let management know if there is any system with redundancy within or across datacenter.
- Improve scripting and automation skills.
- Get latest certifications from RedHat, Sun, CentOS etc.