1. Direct the construction and installation of extensions and additions to underground and overhead electrical distribution systems.
2. Coordinate the work of crews with that of contractors, and other departments.
3. Supervise, train and evaluate subordinates
4. Supervise plans and blueprints the installation of electric lighting, transmission and distribution systems
5. Ensure that proper safety precautions are taken when crews are working close to energized lines. Inspect contract work for conformance to City standards and accepted practices.
6. Requisition tools and equipment for projects.
7. Inspect the work of line crews while in progress and upon completion.
8. Develop and implement condition based and preventative maintenance programs for substations, distribution systems and other electrical equipment.
9. Utilize computer based asset maintenance management program to create work requests, develop priorities, issue work orders, track labor and keep equipment maintenance histories.
10. Develop SOPs for ongoing job in the plaza
11. Interface with and utilize information from the distribution systems Supervisory, Control and Data collection with analysis
12. Check field drawings and mark variations made in construction and make sketches.
13. Oversee the electrical maintenance of reservoirs, pump controls and other electrical facilities.
14. Maintain time records and prepare reports.
15. Oversee proper handling and disposal of flammable items and oil filled equipment in compliance with regulatory requirements.
16. Ensure compliance with all safety measures in electrical works and equipment.
17. Participate in budget preparation and administration.
18. Make Electric load plans for cost effective use of energy resources
19. Keep the electrical equipment and automation of plaza maintained and in working condition.
20.Keep Management informed of work progress and personnel issues.