We are an agro-commodity trading house based in Karachi. We specialize in trading and brokerage of beans, rice, sugar, pulses and other commodities. We are a 30 year old family business looking for a professional, loyal and highly motivated candidate to manage our sales and relationship department.
This is not target oriented direct sales but a relationship building role. The candidate will be in contact with our regular clients on a daily basis to conduct a conversation regarding the commodity market.
Education Requirement: Must hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the field of business, marketing, economics, HR or similar.
The ideal candidate should possess:
· 2-3 years of work experience in research, marketing or sales oriented role.
· Ability to work independently and a strong ambition to be successful in the assigned role.
· Enjoys reading and researching the global commodity markets and ability to derive trends.
· Strong verbal and written English and Urdu language skills.
· Strong research and analytical skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
Work Activities will include:
· The candidate will be the point of contact for our high net-worth clients that we are already in business with, in addition to reaching out to new clients who are active in trading commodities.
· Provide daily market prices to our clients and update them about developments/updates in the commodity markets or any recent trades our company has conducted.
· Ask the clients if they have an interest in purchasing or selling a particular commodity. This would sometimes require pursuing the client to make a trade.
· Take their bids and offers your supervisor and make sure the trade is successfully executed.
· Keep yourself up to date with the current market by actively speaking to people in our network and by reading research reports on different portal and websites. Also, update our clients on new developments.
· Keep an eye on credit limits of the client and manage their payments as well.
· Use a variety of software including but not limited to our ERP system, Peachtree, Microsoft Office to produce correspondence and documents and maintain presentations, records, spreadsheets and databases.
· Manage our website and update commodity prices on it. Also publish our weekly corporate newsletter and write brief articles on our website. Further guidance will be provided for this.