This will be a full time position based at District Health Office (DHO) to support the respective District Coordinator.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: District Coordinator.
Dimensions: Save the Children works in over 50 districts in Pakistan with the current staff complement of approximately 2,500 staff and current expenditure of over $50 million each year.
Staff directly reporting to this post:
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- The position holder will provide program support, as well as managing the logistics for organizing various trainings, support group meetings,advocacy sessions, commemoration of health days and petition signing events
- Carryout community assessments within field areas to assess the issues pertaining to EPI.
- H/she will also be responsible for process documentation including preparation of activity reports, minutes of meeting etc.
- Identify target communities & mobilize the community groups on EPI.
- Actively support community mobilization and implementation of EPI program in the focus area.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIORS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the colleagues accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and her team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Motivates others to achieve the set targets.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with their team, colleagues, members and community.
- Believe in team work
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions of day to day issue.
- Willing to take calculated risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Commitment to Save the Children Values
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated 2 years of overall experience in health related programs; and minimum 1 year of working in EPI;
- Ability to work under pressure and adjust to difficult living & working condition.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Knowledge of the local language will be a plus;