KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
As a member of the Risk and Compliance Team ;
- Conduct internal audits (and provide assistance on external audits if necessary), financial management reviews and may be involved in the special projects of the Pakistan Country Office
- Perform planning procedures.
- Evaluate adequacy of internal control system.
- Determine tests to verify existence and effectiveness of internal control system.
- Perform assigned tests and incorporate results in the evaluation.
- Draft accurate observations for areas reviewed.
- Draft recommendations that incorporate corrective, detective and preventive measures to address risks.
- Discuss observations and recommendations with management to assure agreement.
- Prepare corrective action plans and follow up on periodic basis.
Build and manage relationships within and outside the department
- Network among country office employees to gain understanding of operations, processes, systems, etc.
- Practice in organizational activities that promote networking and representation of the department.
- Respond to queries from field and country office.
Update and maintain knowledge and skills of internal audit functions
- Keep current on significant developments within save the children.
- Keep current on developments in the areas of general accounting, auditing, nonprofit issues, government regulations and information technology.
- Maintain expertise in audit-related subject matters such as internal controls, business process improvement and fraud auditing and investigation.
On occasion, conduct special investigations and analytical projects.
Participate in global audit assignments within and outside the country.
Willingness to work in emergency contexts.
Help management in capacity building and development of SC staff as well as partners through review/audit process and collaboration with relevant department.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIORS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Commitment to Save the Children Values