KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
As a member of the Child Protection and Child Rights Governance Team, contribute to:
- Quality technical inputs for the implementation and documenting/linking the good practices at the field level that can feed-in to the development of child rights governance program
- Adhere the dual mandate i.e. while ensuring the quality of the longer term development CRG programs, CRG Coordinator anytime (within the country and out of the country) can be deployed in an emergency response as and when required
- To ensure that technical guidelines are fully adhered on the quality implementation of Save the Children's CRG interventions ensuring the approach is consistent with other agencies and integrated with other SC activities.
- To contribute in the development of the supplementary reports by civil society
- Support the advocacy work at the local, district, provincial and national level, on CRG issues with the involvement of civil society
- Contribute in the research into the lives of children and their communities, and the policies and practices that impact upon them, with particular regard to Child Rights
- Contribute and work closely with the campaigning team (with the member servicing unit) in designing issue specific advocacy/awareness raising campaigns to influence various policies and legislation with respect to child protection
- Provide technical support to implementation team. Ensure the technical guidelines on the quality of implementation of program activities are followed.
- Identify the capacity gaps and capacity building needs of partners through comprehensive training need assessments and ensure the implementation of capacity building plan as a result of that
- Involve in and contribute to member servicing, capacity building and development of partners through oversight and collaboration
- The CRG Coordinator is part of broader Program Development and Quality team, and will work closely with other sectors specialists to build up on their work which can contribute to effective child rights governance
- Represent Save the Children in Protection fora in Islamabad, and elsewhere in country as and when required.
- Work closely with broader civil society for collective advocacy efforts and further extending support to activate the civil society in terms of key child protection and child rights governance issues in Pakistan
Monitoring and evaluation
- Where security permits, the CRG Coordinator will make regular visits to field sites, to monitor CRG program implementation and offer technical inputs
- Work with (as guided by the Director CP & CRG), PDL Monitoring, Evaluation and Research unit to ensure that CRG programs are monitored against already developed standards and indicators
- Support program assessments, evaluations and other reviews required in the program.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIORS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- commitment to Save the Children Values