This position is responsible for managing ECCE project in respective district. S/he will be responsible for the implementation of field activities and will spend a majority of his/her time in the field.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Senior Education Officer
Dimensions: Save the Children works in over 50 districts in Pakistan with a current staff complement of approximately 2,500 staff and current expenditure of over $50 million each year.
Staff directly reporting to this post: 20 Community Learning Workers
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Comply with Save the Childrens Child Protection Policy and guiding principals
- Provide orientation and training to community,paraprofessional teachers, government teachers on related to ECCE project including school health and nutrition, teacher training, SMC training, distribution of teaching and learning materials, etc.
- Conduct trainings, support and monitoring visits for SHN, Teachers Training and SMC/PTC revitalization and other program activities.
- Facilitate district education staff and school teachers in all aspects for jointly implement ECCE project.
- Assist Sr. Education Officer for organizing and conducting literacy training, ECCE teachers training for class room learning and district workshop.
- Assist Sr. Construction Officer for civil works school classroom refurbishment activities.
- Conduct parenting session through ECD mobile unit and community reading workshop.
- Train PTC/SMC school management andleadership.
- Encourage and participate in development ofchild protection training and health education.
- Work with team to regularly enter data into databases.
- Distribute education program materials
- Maintain accurate forms and reports that detail education program activities.
- Participate in trainings for developing technical skills.
- Participate in occasional field research and evaluation projects.
- Coordinate and streamlined an effective communication between education program team members, Logistics and other support staff.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/PC.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIORS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- commitment to Save the Children Values
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Graduate/Preferably Masters in Education, social work or related discipline with 2-3 years of total experience in education training or community mobilization with having at least 1 year of sector experience.
- Technical skills in one of the following areas: SMC/PTC development, teacher education, school health and nutrition.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English & Pashto is a must.
- Excellent skills on computer operation, especially on Microsoft Office
- Commitment to Save the Children values