TEAM/PROGRAMME: Expanded Senior Management Team
POST TYPE: National or International
Child Safeguarding Level 3 - the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
As a key member of the Expanded Senior Management Team, you will coordinate and support all logistics activities within the Country Program in both emergencies and development programming contexts. The post holder is responsible for effectively managing logistics staff, vehicles, assets and stocks at Islamabad level and ensuring effective and accountable logistics support to all the field areas of the Country Program.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Deputy Country Director Program Implementation
Dimensions: Save the Children works in over 50 districts in Pakistan with a current staff complement of approximately 2,500 staff and current expenditure of approximately $50+ million each year.
Staff directly reporting to this post: (Dependent on country structure)
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
As a member of the Expanded Senior Management Team, contribute to:
· Co-ordination of all programme logistics; review and strengthen country procedures and policies for the management of the supply chain (including procurement and storage), vehicle fleets and communication systems to ensure the correct balance is struck between timely delivery and control. Organize training for relevant staff for effective implementation of these procedures.
· Supporting the development of a dual mandate organizational culture that reflects our values, promotes accountability and high performance and frees up our people to deliver outstanding results for children and excellent customer service for our Members and donors
· Ensure effective Program supply chain by setting up of efficient order management systems at capital level for national and international orders. Encourage decentralized procurement where appropriate and work with local management to ensure adequate control systems are in place
· Ensure local, national and international procurement practices are compliant with Save the Children and donor regulations.
· Ensure international and national transportation of freight by land, sea and air is in line with program budgets and needs; ensuring the most cost effective and reliable means of transport is used for the timely delivery of supplies to projects.
· Maintain centralized and transit warehouses at capital level in line with program requirements. Monitor storage and issue of transit and centralized stocks, ensuring the re-allocation of emergency stocks to project budgets after issue to the field.
· Ensure management of vehicle fleets is in line with Save the Children standards; ensure appropriate allocation and safe use of vehicles throughout the program and ensure servicing and maintenance schedules are adhered to.
· Ensure stock management, warehousing and administration systems are implemented throughout the program. Monitor projects stock levels and advise on appropriate stocking and replenishment to meet project demands.
· Manage the program communication systems ensuring that all program locations have appropriate and reliable means of communication, ensure standardization of all communication equipment throughout the country in a cost effective way
· Ensure a centralized program asset register is maintained; ensuring that all program assets are logged, issued with unique Save the Children asset numbers and are tracked and marked throughout the country.
· Liaise with government, UN and other agencies as necessary.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIORS (our Values in Practice)
· Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
· Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically.
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· MBA or equivalent (Preferably Supply Chain or Logistics specialized)
· At least 5-10 years experience managing complex logistics operations at scale in Pakistan and preferably other countries
· Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies.
· Substantial experience in supply chain management in an emergency environment including procurement, transport and distribution, warehouse and stock management.
· Experience in vehicle and fleet management.
· Experience of building and developing the capacity of logistics staff through the use of training, performance management frameworks and development plans.
· Excellent management and communications skills
· Ability to establish partnerships and networks
· Ability to work independently to a high professional standard
· Sensitive to the cultural & political environment
· Fluent spoken & written English language
· Prepared to work and live in challenging surroundings.
· Knowledge of Pakistan and Region
· Working knowledge of Pakistani languages.