KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
MALARIA SPECIALIST is expected to undertake the following activities:
1. Under the direct supervision of director R-10 assist the SCI GFATM R-10 country office team in the implementation of R-10 grant in target areas of Pakistan in coordination with Co-PR, SRs, national and provincial malaria control programs.
2. Assist in the implementation of the R-10 Malaria grant by providing technical guidance/ supervision/ field visits and inputs in development/revision of key program documents, as needed.
3. Support in analysis, interpretation and dissemination of surveys/surveillance information from all over the target areas and share summaries/reports/briefs with partners when asked by director and/or country office team.
4. Provide feedback to implementing partner organizations (SRs) and the national program (Principal Recipient) to ensure the quality of R-10 interventions in target areas.
5. Participate in and provide technical backstopping in the development of various training manuals and when required act as a technical resource in organization of national and provincial level capacity building events (trainings, symposia, workshops) linked with R-10 malaria grant.
6. Oversee the technical and quality aspects of interventions being implemented by partner SRs and ensure their capacity building in all technical areas where the gaps/weaknesses are identified during the grant implementation.
7. Assist DoMC, provincial malaria programs and all other relevant partners in malaria related technical aspects and facilitate technical discussion and dialogue in our regular technical working group (TWG) meetings.
8. When required and asked by the Director provide support to National malaria control program in the implementation of Global Fund funded malaria control interventions with special focus on national/ provincial level strategy development/updating, survey/research activities, vector control, capacity building, improvement of malaria case management at PHC and hospital level.
9. Represent SCI GFATM R-10 team along with R-10 director in various meetings with academia, CCM, LFA, development partners and line ministries and to follow up on the deliberations and decisions made in these meetings.
Carry out other technical tasks as and when assigned by the director and/or SMT.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The candidate should be a medical doctor having postgraduate qualification in epidemiology (preferably) or post-graduation in Tropical Medicine or Master in Public Health (MPH)
· Experience & Skills
1. Minimum of 5-10 years of working experience providing headquarters project backstopping support in UN,INGO and/or field implementation of PHC programs (preferably malaria control program planning, implementation and management) with funding from UN,USAID, Global Fund, World Bank or other bi/ multi-lateral donors and familiarity with operation of government will be an asset.
2. Effective inter-personal skills, including inter-cultural settings.
3. Effective team member, including demonstrated experience of working effectively under time constraints and handling multiple priorities.
4. Written and spoken fluency in English as well as familiarity with local languages and customs.
5. Experience as master trainer in public health program.
6. Working knowledge of computer applications particularly MS Office and preferably in SPSS and project monitoring and evaluation based software.