As a member of the Grant Management and compliance Team, This position will provide technical assistance for all aspects related to assigned grants management
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Senior Manager Grants and Compliance
Dimensions: Save the Children works in over 50 districts in Pakistan with a current staff complement of approximately 2,500 staff and current expenditure of approximately $50+ million each year.
Staff directly reporting to this post: Sr. Grants Coordinator, Grants Coordinators
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
As a member of the Grant Management and compliance Team, contribute to:
- Co-ordination and compliance of assigned grants and contractual requirements.
- Follow an organizational culture that reflects our values, promotes accountability and high performance and frees up our people to deliver outstanding results for children and excellent customer service for our Members and donors
Budgeting, proposal development and contracting
- Preparation of the financial proposal.
- Ensure full cost recovery, ICR,ECR in each proposal
- Match budget figures with narrative proposal and respective log frame
- Roll out strategy to mitigate grant related risk
- Follow and roll out Grant Scheme of Delegation
- Review of grant agreements to ensure that the terms and conditions are acceptable and practicable
- Post all proposals, grant agreements, budgets and amendments(PADs & CADs) on the IPU FMS for proper authorization, and these are approved and circulated to appropriate staff, field offices and RO Mange
-- Support budget holders in preparing their budgets in the system and related donor mapping.
- Prepare monthly monitoring reports for budget holders and GM & CD, including outturns, to ensure the effective use of approved budgets.
Grant management responsibilities:
- Efficient use of tools/reports along with finance department to facilitate budget monitoring
- Review of financial transactions of funds received and spent within the financial policies of SCI.
- Coordinate with budget holders to check, calculate and code to ensure correct posting and coding for the grants and in the event of a mistake, rectify it.
- Manage gains/losses for all the grants for those s/he responsible.
- Responsible to carry financial correspondence with implementing partners and sub offices.
- Preparation of timely and accurate financial reports.
- Support Senior Managers in preparation of replying to queries of donors and HQ about grants related matters.
- Monitor of approved budgets if agreed with the Programme Manager(s).
- Support team in chasing of debts from donors.
- Filing of complete documentation of each grant
- Close out the ended grants in a timely manner
Support to Partners & Field office team
- Roll out sub-grant agreements and contracts clauses with Partners to ensure that they fulfill donor's/legal requirements with subsequent financial monitoring
- Support team in assessment of Partner capacity to address all related risk.
- Establish good working relationship with all partners.
- Visit all projects to check that appropriate financial systems are in place and resolve financial matters, and produce visit reports with recommendations for the concerned budget holders and senior members of the team
- Support partners in building their capacity for efficient financial management.
- Monitoring accounts provided by partner agencies and assist in the preparation of budget for funding proposals.
- Review all financial reports submitted by SC partners for all projects.
- Report any financial irregularity to SMGC, GM & CD and PMO.
- Implementation of Auditor recommendations as soon as possible.
- Clarify queries from accounts (if any) for all his/her projects and clarify with relevant organizations.
- Disbursement of funds to partners and others concerned.
- Keep track of quarterly installments made to partners and ensure all required reports are received before disbursing the funds.
Strategic and Operational Planning:
- Preparation of Financial CAP, 1st budget revision and 2nd budget revision
- Preparation of global/core budgets
- Prepare grants projections, cost extension, no cost extension and budget revisions
- Support in organizational strategic and operational planning
- Conduct BHs and partners grant management training and refreshers
- visit sub-offices and conduct trainings in grant compliance for all relevant staff in Pakistan
- Facilitate audits as per HQs and donors requirements.
- Implement auditors recommendations as soon as possible.
- Assist PM(s) and GM & CD in providing feedback for auditors report.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Partly qualified CA/ACCA/ACMA or MBA Finance
- At least 5 years' experience overseeing and managing complex multi grant management and compliance systems at scale in Pakistan and preferably other countries
- Experience in developing user friendly tools for budget monitoring
- Willingness to work in emergency contexts and deployment on emergency programs as part of our commitment to dual mandate.
- A Can do and service oriented attitude
- Excellent management and communications skills
- Ability to work independently to a high professional standard
- Sensitive to the cultural & political environment
- Fluent spoken & written English language
- Knowledge of Pakistan and Region