Is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development & participation.
Key Position Information
Provincial Campaign and Advocacy Manager (EveryOne Campaign)
Provincial Position (KP)
The EveryOne Campaign is a five year Save the Children global initiative which was launched in October 2009 to work towards Millennium Development Goal 4 (reduction in child mortality) and Millennium Development Goal 5 (reduction in maternal mortality). Through both popular mobilization and advocacy efforts, we aim to help ensure that children in Pakistan have a chance to live a full life. Our Vision is a world in which every child has the right of survival, protection, development and participation. Our Goal is that Millennium Development Goal (MDG) 4 is achieved. This means that child mortality is reduced by two-thirds by 2015, saving the lives of more than 5 million children each year. Our Strategic Objective is to increase the coverage of maternal, newborn and child health and nutrition services and ensure governments maintain these programs. Our Ambition is to build a partnership of private sector and public sector players equally committed to reducing newborn and child deaths.
The Provincial Campaign and Advocacy Manager will work to ensure the implementation of EveryOne campaign activities, internal reporting, liaising with provincial stakeholders & TAs identification at the provincial level. The position also includes providing technical and programmatic leadership to ensure the quality implementation, monitoring and evaluation and further development of the provincial program. The Provincial Campaign and Advocacy Manager will be reporting to the Senior Manager for Campaigns and Advocacy while also partially reporting to the Saving Newborn Lives (SNL) Project Manager for the activities to be undertaken under the SNL bridge.
- Identify and carry out advocacy and campaigning activities (meetings with governments, media work, sporting/music events etc.) at the provincial/national level to highlight issues around vaccines, health workers and nutrition,and raise awareness about MNCH in the general public
- Responsible to arrange and conduct provincial level seminars / training workshops/policy dialogues and also conduct community meetings for prioritization and implementation of different activities & tasks assigned to him/her
- To develop good relationships with relevant stakeholders, including but not limited to Government departments and local levels, community, tribal elders, local organizations and communities
- Organize high profile health advocacy events at provincial level involving provincial chief ministers/health ministers and all other stakeholders
- Develop strong professional linkages with journalists and other media personnel
- Responsible for providing technical and management support to Saving Newborn Lives-Bridge country program activities
- Monitor and report daily to the line manager on the day to day project activities
- To consolidate and provide monthly and where needed weekly updates on the progress and activities related to the project and gathering and consolidating inputs and feedback from the relevant group member/s on Every One Campaign related activities
- Will be responsible to take and keep records of all campaign related activities. Strategy amendment
- Responsible for any other task assigned by line manager
Education & Experience
- Master degree in social sciences preferably in sociology / public policy from a well reputed university
- Must have a minimum of seven years experience working with international NGOs
- Candidate should poses strong reporting and communication skills and experience
- Candidate should have good knowledge and experience of working in-collaboration with government departments
- Local candidates of KP will be preferred
Proficiency in English; working knowledge of Pashtu, or other languages spoken in the region will be an advantage