As a Reporting and Documentation Assistant you will be responsible to assist Sr. Communication & Reporting Coordinator to generate, edit and compile periodical progress reports and documentations as per requirement of program team. In this role you will be responsible to support the programme team in consolidate and maintain the record data of all the aforesaid components and present the authorities concerned as and when required.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Sr. Communication & Documentation Coordinator
Dimensions: Save the Children works in over 50 districts in Pakistan with a current staff complement of approximately 2,500 staff and current expenditure of over $50 million each year.
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Provide support to thematic sections in timely development and delivery of quality reports as per project and donor formats.
- Documenting key program processes and outcomes using different media, including documentation of best practice models.
- Support thematic sections in identifying and documenting key learning from the program implementation.
- Carryout field visits to collect case stories and program outcomes.
- Collection of photos and video footage to support the development of case studies and other program documentation.
- Collects and formats inputs from field offices for program reports
- Develops case studies and other material including fact sheets, reports and audio-visual for donors and SC
- Manage the preparing of other program communications material for different thematic sectors
- Provide report on quantitative progress for project activities and indicators
- Participate incapacity building of the program implementation team and partners staff in proper reporting and documentation of the work
SKILLS AND BEHAVIORS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for himself/herself and the team, takes responsibility for personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
Collaboration:Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Commitment to Save the Children Values
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Postgraduate masters degree.
- 01+ years experience in the field of related discipline.
- Experience in reporting roles will be preferred.
- Experience with creating and executing successful documentation strategies will be preferred.
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours.
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically.
- An in depth understanding of national and international development issues in particular in relation to children.