As a Communication & Documentation Manager you will be responsible for Reporting ( Internal, External), Documentation and Learning Manager to generate, edit and compile periodical progress reports and documentations as per requirement of ECCE components. In this role you will be responsible to support the programme team in planning, consolidation and maintenance of the record/data of all the aforesaid components and present the authorities concerned as and when required.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Project Director
Dimensions: Save the Children works in over 50 districts in Pakistan with a current staff complement of approximately 2,500 staff and current expenditure of over $50 million each year.
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Timely development and delivery of quality donor & other stake holder reports as per agreed formats.
- Documenting key programme processes and outcomes using different media, including documentation of best practice models.
- Develop communications materials including press releases, fact sheets, brochures and photo essays; Field missions to develop communications materials
- Support ECCE in identifying and documenting key learning from the programme implementation.
- Carryout field visits to collect case stories and programme outcomes.
- Collection of photos and video footage from program teams to support the development of case studies and other programme documentation.
- Acts as focal point for communications & documentation in ECCE.
- Coordination and facilitation to ECCE MIS for documentation and reporting.
- Collection and format inputs from field offices for program documentation and reports.
- Support the preparation of other program communications material for ECCE
- Participate incapacity building of the programme implementation team in proper reporting and documentation of the work.
- Ensure media engagements as per agreed Save the Children and Donor requirements.
- Ensure communication and documentation with ECCE stake holders.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIORS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for himself/herself and the team, takes responsibility for personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- commitment to Save the Children Values
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Postgraduate masters degree in development communication, IT or other related disciplines.
- 04+ years experience in the field of related discipline
- Significant experience in Documentation roles.
- A very good understanding of the ECCE programme.
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically.
- An in depth understanding of national and international development issues in particular in relation to children.