- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Enters, updates, and/or retrieves accounting data from automated systems.
- Posts financial data to appropriate accounts in an automated accounting system,
- according to instructions.
- Reviews on-line transactions for changes and accuracy and corrects errors.
- Retrieves system reports.
- Assigns codes to data.
- Files and/or removes records and reports.
- Reconciles transactions, financial data, and other information to an automated accounting system.