The StoneFly Enterprise Storage group is looking for a Storage Development Engineer to help accelerate our growing Software Defined Storage (SDS) business. This is an excellent opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build broad use of StoneFly’s Enterprise SDS solutions directly with customers and our ecosystem of system integrators and solution providers. As a Storage Development Engineer within the Enterprise Storage group, you will work with Storage SDS Engineering teams, Server Development teams, and partners to define and develop StoneFly SDS solution offerings.
We are offering attractive salaries,
This position is an advanced engineering role that will focus on driving the strategy and technology selection for StoneFly’s SDS product offerings.
The responsibilities include:
- As a Storage Development Engineer within the Enterprise Storage group, you will work with Storage SDS Engineering teams, Server Development teams, and partners to define and develop StoneFly SDS solution offerings.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on SDS technologies.
- Understand the SDS market and drive technical product strategy and definition of StoneFly’s product offerings.
- Obtain in-depth understanding of partner software stack and integration with StoneFly hardware offerings.
- Evaluate new flash and Intel technology benefits within target workloads for SDS software.
- Drive systems management strategy for Hyper-converged SDS solutions.
- Identify new technological trends and conduct proof of concepts for new features on SDS product offerings.
- Lead software architecture and design for internal software development team responsible for developing StoneFly value-add features across our SDS offerings.
- Continuously identify opportunities for StoneFly internal components, provide current and future guidance for improvements of product offering.
- Evangelize StoneFly SDS strategy and value to customers .
- Identify and define differentiators and claims for our SDS product offerings.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- 5-10 years’ relevant experience.
- In-depth Knowledge in C,C++,Java, Perl, Jason. PowerShell, REST, Azure, AWS
- Knowledge of scale out storage technologies including NAS, iSCSI, Object Storage and Hyper-converged SDS solutions.
- Knowledge of scale-out, distributed cloud computing solutions such as Hadoop, OpenStack, and Microsoft Azure Stack.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies such as ESXi, Hyper-V and KVM
- Network Infrastructure configuration and debugging experience (TCP/IP, HTTP, SMB, NFS, etc.)
- Expertise in enterprise server components, including storage controllers (RAID and HBAs),
- Ethernet adapters, memory subsystems, and Intel CPU architectures
- Understanding of Hypervisor and Server Systems Management practices within an enterprise data center.
- Systems performance characterization, including workload analysis, sizing and stress testing.
- Strong programming experience with open source contributions or community engagement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team player. The ideal candidate must thrive in a team-centric environment
StoneFly , Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. Headquartered in the Silicon Valley (Hayward) California, We are the innovators of powerful yet cost effective IP SAN and NAS products, Backup and Disaster Recovery solutions