Inspector carries out school inspections either as a team member or a team coordinator. Duties (as team member) involve:
Duties (as team coordinator) involve all of above and the following:
- Carrying out the tasks of a review as allocated by the team coordinator
- Collecting, recording, analysing and synthesizing data
- Making judgements based on this data
- Communicating findings orally
- Preparing and maintaining field notes for the evidential file
- Preparing the inspection report
- And undertaking follow-up action if required.
- Leading the inspection team and coordinating with the school authorities during inspection.
- Obtaining necessary support the team members need to perform their duties effectively.
- Ensuring that the inspection procedures, rules and norms are followed by the team.
- Coordinating with the DI Coordinator.
- Scoping, planning, and allocating duties to the team members.
- Guiding and leading the team members to follow correct procedures. Compiling report and handing it over to the Director/General Manager.
a) Knowledge of effective pedagogical practice.
b) Up-to-date curriculum knowledge.
c) Up-to-date professional knowledge of, or a demonstrated interest in, the field of inspection.
d) Ability to handle computers including the use of Internet to communicate by e-mail.
e) Capability in writing comprehensive reports based on the collected information during the inspections.
f) Good command of the English language (Reading, writing and speech).
g) Ability to work as a team and maintain good human relations with the team members as well as the school community.