To examine all children and new entrants unless the child presents a certificate from a certified physician.
- To conduct such special examinations as many be indicated after the referrals by classroom teacher.
- To examine and/or approve annually all students participating in athletic activities before they participate in any interscholastic activity.
- To act as a consultant to school administrators and school health personnel on medical problems and public health procedures.
- To work with school administrators on public information programs.
- To update and maintain health records of all the students in the school.
- Conduct regular medical assessments of all the students in the school.Skills Required:
The school physician must:
- Hold a medical degree from a recognized medical college with a specialty in pediatrics, internal medicine and/ or family practice.
- Show evidence of successful health care experience working with children and adolescents.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of child growth and development, wellness education, community health and social services resources and current health issues.
- Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.