The Drupal Developer role is an exciting mid-level development position with room for growth and innovation. As a Drupal Developer, your primary responsibilities will be working on existing / new site development, helping to enhance overall website(s) functionality and user experience and assisting with general site maintenance. The Developer will also be collaborating with a team of internal / external resources on the development of a custom headless CMS that will share data / content from our other existing sites /properties.
The Drupal Developer will work closely with and report to the Director Online Product Development and Systems.
Must have proven in-depth experience with high-performance Drupal 7 web sites.
Experience with Drupal 8/decoupled CMS a strong plus.
Should be fluent in CSS frameworks, including Bootstrap, and CSS Preprocessors (SASS / LESS).
They should also have an understanding of JSON and strong PHP skills, jQuery is a plus.
Should have a proficiency in responsive design, HTML 5 and CSS.
Core responsibilities are developing custom web applications using Drupal 7 and eventually Drupal 8.
- Expertise with Features, Content Types, Display Suite, Views, Fields, Taxonomy and Panels
- Expertise with Drupal core concepts/best practices, APIs and modules
- Take ownership of parts of the code, advising on security, performance and architecture using standards compliant Web development
- Assure quality of own development work (code commenting, browser testing, etc.).
- Adhere to consistent development and coding standards, and keep up to date with the evolving Drupal ecosystem
- Experience modifying existing themes
- Strong familiarity with version control (specifically Git)
- Experience working on Drupal projects with multiple developers across multiple environments
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Proficiency in custom coding modules a strong plus
- Experience with CloudFlare a plus
- Must be able to display 3+ years of in-depth development experience with high-performance Drupal 7 sites
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in computer science
- Active involvement in Drupal community a plus
- Contributed modules / themes within the Drupal community a plus
- Experience using JIRA a plus
- Experience using Microsoft office applications, including Excel, Word and Outlook