Key responsibilities :
Implementation of DRR Community Based Disaster Risks Management (CBDRM )Activities
- Participate in need assessments, Participatory Rural Appraisals, feasibility studies, stakeholder analysis and community consultations in connection with CBDRM in Kandhkot-District Kashmore;
- Liaises with Governmental and non Governmental Agencies In District Kashmore;
- Supports the development of agreements and MoUs with community based organizations or other civil society groups.
- Having skills as well as Trainings in First conductions;
- Should possess skills in developing mitigation and community based risk assessments plans.
- Should have knowledge of community led DRR projects.
- Elaborate all need based inputs and all other activities according to the objectives of the programme and the beneficiary involvement strategy of ACTED In Kandhkot.
- Mobilize the community in the effective use of the community resources.
- Mobilize communities for the prioritizing of recovery activities and strategies.
- Facilitates the capacity building and setup of representative community committees (steering committees).
- Identifies unskilled and skilled Cash For Work beneficiaries in close cooperation with the steering committee.
- Ensure, through daily dialogues and consultations that the strategy of the projects and the commitments of the various stakeholders are adhered to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Contribute in development of Informative, Educative and Communicative (IEC) materials for all activities being implemented as per Donor guidelines; and
- The Community Mobilizer should develop in-depth knowledge of all their villages of intervention and should have close contacts with community leaders, volunteers, and activists.
Documentation and Reporting
- Fill, Check & control daily Workers attendance sheet on daily basis;
- Ensure construction logbook and other documentation requested by the line manager is correctly completed;
- Conduct Village profiling and Risk assessment in the area of intervention; and
- Responsible for reporting and case studies.
Accountability to Communities and Beneficiaries
The staff member is responsible for ensuring that all relations with the communities we work are conducted in a respectful and consultative manner. Due attention must be paid for ensuring that communities are adequately consulted and informed about ACTED program objectives, activities, beneficiary selection criteria, and methodologies. This is the responsibility of every ACTED staff member.
Note: Minorities, disables and women are highly encouraged to apply.